I took down all of the previous room decorations, fixed the holes in the wall, moved all of the furniture away from the wall and taped off the room. Next I began painting and to my horror the paint was not looking the right color - instead of khaki it looked raspberry. In a boys room that is a big deal! I decided in for a penny in for a pound and painted the whole room raspberry. Finally, as I finished up the first wall started to dry the right color. Whew!
Day 1 - I finished painting the room.
Day 2 - Shopping for accessories and 2 desks (each of the boys want their own space)
Day 3 - Taped off the decorative lines. No desks to be found - I created my own. Painted the lines.
Day 4 - I built the desk (yes, all by myself!), changed out all the bedding, put in the rug and set up the room for the boys "big reveal".
Drew was very excited about the room and couldn't wait to see the final project. He commented about every little detail and loved it all. Jake came in and basically said "it's looks good" and that was it. Did I mention that I decided to re-do the room because Jake had outgrown the old style????
Over the next two weeks I looked around for a chair for the room and created the framed name pictures. I really like how the room has turned out. Here are a few before and after pictures. If you move your cursor over the picture you can read the picture titles.



4 comments:
Wendi!
The room looks great. I love the chair.
love it, can I hire you? Did you buy or make the name pictures? I love those!
The room looks really good! Great job!
Gees, I did not remember how young the boys were when you first painted their room! I love the new look! You did a great job.
Post a Comment