Jacob was a breeze as he left for 7th grade, his biggest change is including school sports everyday. Jacob now has swimming as his PE class during 7th period and then he stays in the pool for practice after school. He leaves home at 7:20 and gets home about 4:45.
Drew is a pro at school and hit the ground running. He is enjoying his teachers and everything about the schedule ... except the daily homework (reading for 30 minutes) which he attempts to renegotiate every day.
But you may not know, Bethany turned 5 in May and so she started Kindergarten this year! My baby went to school. She is very excited that her teacher is Mrs. Johnson (the same teacher both boys had for Kindergarten). I took her on the first day and neither of us shed a tear. I am so proud of her and she is so ready for this experience. She has done great. I guess the biggest reason I didn't cry was because I had a plan...my first time in 12 years without a child at home during the day. I went straight home and began dismantling the boys room and redecorated it It took the whole week but I was grateful for such a productive week. (I will post pictures of the room soon.) My favorite part of each day is watching Drew as he leads and protects his little sister.
1 comment:
Wow, you can tell you have more time on your hands now! Love all the new pictures. I really like your new family picture too. Drew's look outside his class is priceless. Glad yall had a great time on Vacation.
Post a Comment