Saturday, May 2, 2009
Independence Day - April 25th, 2009
It's hard to believe but the school year is drawing to a close and so many firsts have been accomplished this year. Bethany has started Kindergarten, began reading, accepted Christ, starting doing handstands in gymnastics, can hula hoop like a crazy girl and is now riding her bike...without training wheels! Most children have quite a few crashes while they learn to bike but Bethany was adamant about learning how to stop and not fall over. She about drove me crazy by slamming on the brakes as I was pushing/balancing her. With that accomplished she could stop every time that she felt unstable. As a mom I can't help but be proud of her accomplishments but then I think about the fact that she doesn't need me as much. I love the freedom that all this is giving me but what about my baby? Who gave her permission to separate from me? As she began balancing that bike and then took her first trips out of the safety of my arms it all hit me... THIS IS INDEPENDENCE DAY AND SHE IS DOING GREAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment