Saturday, January 31, 2009

Almost a Teenager

This year has brought a lot of changes with Jacob. One, he is going by Jake more often (I don't mind we originally named him Jacob expecting it to change to Jake around 2, but I couldn't adjust). Two, he can pass as a high school student (a young one...but still!) while walking the halls of BHS for Mark, Jacob has been asked for his highschool ID on numerous occasions. Three, the EMOTIONS! I will leave it at that. Four, he has decided he likes fancy coffees - I don't even drink coffee. So, as a special treat on Fridays, Mark takes the younger kids to school and then he and Jake head to Texas Java for a little pick me up. I thought no big deal, until one Friday I took the kids to school and decided to follow the tradition. When you enter a restaurant and they call your son by his preferred beverage ... I think it may have gone too far.
I happened to have the camera in the car and couldn't resist documenting this part of our lives!Snicker FrapMmmmm good!
This is how traditions are created.

No comments: