Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Bethany

I can't believe my baby is going to be 5! For Bethany's birthday we decided that she and I would head to Dallas (with Ella - her American Girl doll) to shop at the American Girl store and have lunch in the Bistro. For the special day we bought matching outfits for Bethany and Ella.

Bethany also wanted to have matching hair! I used several rubberbands to make this hairstyle for each of them!

Have you ever let a 5 year old loose with a digital camera? This picture shows the outfit that she bought for Ella - I will not show you the other 50 pictures she took of the entire store!


This was one of my favorite displays in the store, it shows the doll of the year for the past five years.



Lunch at the Bistro, if you haven't done this it is quite an experience. They have high chairs & menus for the dolls (you need to make reservations). It is a pricey experience but the food was wonderful and we had a good time. I think we will sit at the counter next time and just enjoy dessert. We were one of 4 tables dining and each had a little girl celebrating her birthday.

"The girls..."
Dreaming of the future. This is the doll Bethany wants for Christmas - I gave her the choice of the doll or the Nintendo DS for her birthday and after careful consideration she said the doll could be for Christmas! The doll has green eyes and brown hair, just like Bethany.
I felt like the total tourist taking pictures all day, but I was so glad when I got home and could share them with Mark and my mom. It's really a good thing that Bethany took so many pictures, they could see much more than I would have had.

Ella and I in front of the Dallas Galleria Mall - Bethany was standing in front of American Girl when she took the picture.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun- I love the matching outfits. Bethany looks beautiful- what a sweetie! I love that girl!

Anonymous said...

Fun. I want to take my girls too sometime. We will have to use some holiday as an excuse. Cute pictures. Is Bethany going to take after her daddy?

The Morgans said...

Happy Birthday Sweet girl! Abigail is very excited about your party.