Sunday, February 1, 2009

The best day ever...I mean it, Mom!

Wednesday, January 28th, 2009, was Bethany's best day ever. I have to agree it will go down as one of my best too. I arrived at the school to pick Bethany up from Kindergarten and she was so excited. She had earned Student of the Month for January. She was so proud of her sign and was smiling from ear to ear. Our next stop was our church. Bethany had an appointment with Pastor Andy. Mark met us there and we all went into the meeting. After answering several questions she prayed to ask Jesus into her heart. That would make it one of the best days for us, but for dinner that night I took her to Mex Taco Express and that pushed it over the top for her!

The decision had been coming for a few weeks now. She has asked many questions and I have answered a lot. About 3 weeks ago she asked me to go forward with her to talk to Pastor Andy about having Jesus in her heart. I asked her to wait a little bit and we would talk more about it at home. Then a week ago she was doing her bed time prayers and very clearly told Jesus that she loved him and wanted him to come into her heart. She went on to explain why she wanted him to do so. We made the appointment with Andy more as a formality I believe she asked Jesus into her heart in the most precious language he has ever heard. The office visit is a unique experience and will stand out in her mind to help her remember the time frame that she accepted Christ.
Student of the Month!
Bethany and Pastor Andy
Mark, Wendi, Andy & Bethany after accepting Christ as her Savior
On the phone calling Grandma to tell her she accepted Jesus
Telling Nana she is a Christian
Sharing with Grandad

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So sweet! We're so proud of her!

The Morgans said...

PTL!!! Tears of joy my friend...

Lori said...

So proud of her! Please give her a hug for me!
Lori Fuller